The National Book Development Board (NBDB), also known as the “Book Publishing Industry Development Act”, aims to support and promote Filipino authorship in subject areas wherein locally authored books are either few or non-existent. In order to encourage the publication of high-quality Filipino work, the NBDB aims to provide financial subsidies to the publication of Filipino-authored books for the GLOBAL audience covering copy editing, layout, design, printing of books, to name a few.
Genres: Climate, diversity, poetry, anthologies, crime fiction, sci-fi, graphic novels, horror, romance, non-fiction, etc.
Language: All Philippine languages and English
Total amount per Grantee: maximum of Php 230,000.00 per title
Who may apply:
Local publishers who are able to published titles but without funding for printing.
- Local publisher, including self-published authors.
- Title must be an original work and published in the Philippines and written by a Filipino author.
- Applicant must submit an application letter or proposal.
- The application must be done prior to the printing stage.
- Applicant must agree to acknowledge the NBDB in the front matter and copyright page of the published book.
Interested applicants should email the following requirements to email@example.com with the subject: Publication Project 2021 Application (Name of applicant).
- Complete manuscript, written in the identified language, submitted in digital format;
- Publisher’s business profile or SEC registration documents, as may be applicable;
- Application letter or proposal with synopsis; and
- Proof from the applicant to acknowledge NBDB in the front matter and copyright page of the published book.
Contact Information: Further queries may be communicated via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.