The National Book Development Board (NBDB), also known as the “Book Publishing Industry Development Act”, aims to support and promote Filipino authorship in subject areas wherein locally authored books are either few or non-existent. In order to encourage the publication of high-quality Filipino work, the NBDB aims to provide financial subsidies to the publication of Filipino-authored books for the GLOBAL audience covering copy editing, layout, design, printing of books, to name a few.
Genres: Climate, diversity, poetry, anthologies, crime fiction, sci-fi, graphic novels, horror, romance, non-fiction, etc.
Language: All Philippine languages and English
Total amount per Grantee: maximum of Php 230,000.00 per title
Recipient: Local publishers who are able to publish titles but without funding for printing.
- Local publisher.
- Title must be an original work and written by a Filipino author, and intended to be published locally.
- Applicant must submit an application letter or proposal.
- The application must be done prior to the printing stage.
- Applicant must agree to acknowledge the NBDB in the front matter and copyright page of the published book.
Interested publishers should send the following requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Complete book or manuscript, written in the identified language, submitted in digital format;
- Publisher’s profile;
- Application letter or proposal with synopsis; and
- Proof from the applicant to acknowledge NBDB in the front matter and copyright page of the published book.